Popular Events & Things to Do in Burnsville, MN
With a convenient location just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis, Prime Rate Inn puts you in a great starting point for discovering all the fun things to do in Burnsville and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Whether you’re staying at Prime Rate Inn on vacation or business, you will be in a premier location to easily experience the most popular sites in the area!
Downtown Minneapolis and the surrounding area offer an abundance of local attractions for you to discover. Start your day with a well-rested sleep at Prime Rate Inn and get ready to experience all of the fun things to do near Burnsville, MN.
Explore downtown Minneapolis, touring streets filled with beautiful architecture, boutiques and coffee shops.
Do all of your shopping in one easy stop at the nearby Mall of America.
Catch an event or a sports game at Vikings Stadium.
Tour the campus of the University of Minnesota, where you will find historic buildings, imperial libraries, artistic performances, local events, and more!
Ames Center is Burnsville’s go-to venue for performing arts shows and resides in the heart of the city.
Mystic Lake Casino is an ideal stop for adults and couples who are looking for some nightlife or entertainment.
Canterbury Park is a popular horseracing track in Shakopee with food, bars, and betting opportunities!
Fun for the Whole Family
Traveling with the whole family? Check out some of our favorite things to do in Burnsville, MN for the young and young at heart.
- For some adrenaline-pumping fun, visit us in the summer and spend a day at Como Town Amusement Park.
- Another exciting theme park is Valleyfair! Discover Minnesota’s 125-acre amusement park, boasting over 75 thrilling rides and 8 immense rollercoasters.
- Alternatively, for a slower-paced family activity, spend some time with nature at the Minnesota Zoo, where you will find a fun outdoor adventure with educational benefits.
Minnesota boasts exciting events to attend all year long! Depending on the season in which you visit, there’s always something going on with activities for every age and interest.
- The Minnesota State Fair is easily one of the most bustling and heavily attended annual events in the area! With their slogan of “The Great Minnesota Get-Together” and renowned as the largest state fair in the country, it draws in nearly 2 million visitors each year. The event showcases Minnesota’s finest art, agriculture, and industries. The fair lasts for 12 days of fun and ends on Labour Day each year.
- The Minneapolis Boat Show usually occurs in the early months of every year and offers its visitors some fantastic deals on accessories for boating, fishing, watersports, and more.
- The Minnesota Home and Garden Show is another event held around February, with over 1,000 experts sharing new ideas and practical advice for everything related to home remodeling.
Compare over 600 vehicles at the Twin Cities Auto Show each March, with Ride & Drive exhibits plus the Drive Electric Experience.
Want to know more? Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always happy to help point you in the right direction of your interests. Book today to start exploring the wealth of things to do in Burnsville, MN.